We wish we could give you all a big hug, but for now, keeping you and our team safe is our number one priority and the greatest gift we can offer you. With that being said, we wanted to let you know what we are doing to keep you safe as you return to our practice, your happy dental home!
You’ll immediately notice changes in how we greet you and in how some of our office processes are followed:
- First, 2 days prior to your appoint, you’ll receive the American Dental Association wellness screening form via text message. Simply click the link provided and answer the 8 short questions. We must have this screening form to see and treat you.
- Second, 2 hours prior to your appointment, you’ll receive your arrival instructions via text message. When you arrive at our office, text “HERE” to 414 ∙ 988 ∙ 6433. You will then receive a text telling you when to enter our office.
- You’ll be greeted by a friendly “set of eyes” (as we’ll be wearing masks)! We will review your screening form and take your temperature.
- Third, space in our family room will be limited in order to comply with the social distancing protocols that are in place. For this reason, it is also recommended that you do not bring others to your appointment unless it is absolutely necessary.
Safe access to dentists is key to protecting your health!
- Dental health is whole-body health and vital for a strong immune system—a key element to avoiding added vulnerability to COVID-19.
- When you choose to come see us, please know that you are in the safest possible hands.
- Prior epidemics (such as SARS, HIV/AIDs and others) have prepared us, allowing for the advancement of techniques in dealing with highly communicable diseases. We are prepared to handle the threat of COVID-19.
- We have implemented precautions against the transmission of the virus, which include our entire team wearing masks when we are within 6 feet of dental procedures likely to involve aerosols. (We will, however, be reducing aerosolization as much as possible)
- Also, COVID-19 screenings will be completed on the entire team.
What can YOU do to make returning to the dentist as safe as possible?
- Make that appointment! Schedule a cleaning or a consultation to alleviate other issues. Your teeth — and your overall health —will thank you!
- Wear a cloth mask until you are in the chair for your appointment.
- Wash your hands upon entering our office.
Please note, we will always follow the highest standards to protect everyone in our office. This means we have chosen to make additional changes that are not mandatory, but suggested. This includes working with fewer patients for longer appointments which provides social distancing and lower occupancy.
The high cost of the additional required PPE has impacted our bottom line significantly. Rather than an across-the-board fee increase, or a $25.00 charge like many offices are doing, we will pass on a minimal Compliance Fee of $10.00. This process will allow us to remove the fee should protocols be lifted to changed in the future.
This is a new road to navigate and we are learning more daily. We want to let you know that we appreciate your loyalty and understanding during this time! We are doing everything we can to keep you and our Cigno Team safe, and promise to continue providing the care you’ve come to know and trust from us.
Yours in Service,
Dr. Cigno and Team